Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring my Mother 

kavinsandron
kavinsandron

Posted On: 10/22/2015
kavinsandron
kavinsandron
I am on ODSP. I want to sponsor my mom. I am studying at an university now. can I use a co-signer to get her here?
what can I do to get her here please advice me
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 10/23/2015
MelM
MelM
I assume you are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada and wish to sponsor your mother for permanent residency? If that's the case, you need to be making enough money through a job to meet the low income cut off amount for the previous three years to qualify to sponsor her. If you are on ODSP and a student, then unfortunately you won't meet these income requirements.

The only person who can be a cosigner is your spouse or common law partner (if you have one).
link
kavinsandron
kavinsandron

Posted On: 10/23/2015
kavinsandron
kavinsandron
how about super visa? can I get a her with a supervise with any co-signer?

I assume you are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada and wish to sponsor your mother for permanent residency? If that's the case, you need to be making enough money through a job to meet the low income cut off amount for the previous three years to qualify to sponsor her. If you are on ODSP and a student, then unfortunately you won't meet these income requirements.

The only person who can be a cosigner is your spouse or common law partner (if you have one).
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 10/24/2015
MelM
MelM
Same rules apply for a super visa. You need to meet the minimum income requirements to apply. Only your spouse / common law partner can co-sign.
link