Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

How can I Sponsor my Wife & Child? - Not Declared 

mrmz
mrmz

Posted On: 12/3/2015
mrmz
mrmz
Hi Every , need your opinion please ,

I applied for Quebec Immigration in 6/2011, as Single , I received the CSQ in 6/2015 ( CSQ was issued in 2/2015) , without Doing Any Interviews ;

Problem is that I got Married in 11/2013 and we had a baby girl in 3/2015 , I did not declare my wife and Baby , because I thought I could sponsor them after I go to Quebec,

From 2 weeks I knew that I must declare them first and update my application before Landing in Quebec , in order to sponsor them later, Otherwise I will not be able sponsor them ever,

Now , I don't know what to do exactly According to Canada immigration Laws, I have 3 solutions in mind but I need your Advices, about which one of them is the best:

1- Update my file immediately , Adding the information from my wife and my baby (as Married) to immigrate all together, but at the same time I am afraid that immigration authorities will consider that I lied when I mentioned that I am single as I am married for 2 years , so Maybe they'll cancel my CSQ accordingly. (considering me Misrepresenting)

2- Continue without update my file and Immigrate as Single, and After that, in Quebec I can try to sponsor my wife and baby,

3- Update my file immediately as in Conjugal relationship and Add my baby in the application (born from 8 months) , then to obtain CSQ Family (Me, Partner and baby) but I do not know how this update will influence my present CSQ ?? Cancelling it or Causing lengthening the Period of my file processing ??

Note 1: I am in currently in the Federal verification stage.
Note 2: my Qualifying Points are OK as Single and Married , but My Wife don't know French Language at all.

Wish to get your precious advice ASAP
link
MelM
MelM

Posted On: 12/4/2015
MelM
MelM
1. This is your ONLY option.
2. This is not an option. If you fail to declare your wife and child you will never be able to sponsor them and will be committing misrepresentation which may result in your own PR status being revoked.
3. This is not an option. It's misrepresentation (lying in your application). Expect CIC to perform further checks and assume they will find out you are actually married. Then you're looking at a refusal, plus a five year ban from Canada.

Adding your spouse and child to your application now is your one and only option.
link
mrmz
mrmz

Posted On: 12/4/2015
mrmz
mrmz
so adding my spouse after 2 years marriage and after CSQ issue as single will not be considered as misrepresenting , do I even need to add an explanation beside the update ?
link