Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

My Children Do Not Want to Come to Canada 

ashlee
ashlee

Posted On: 12/25/2015
ashlee
ashlee
Hi,

I am a single mom with 3 kids.I've been away with them for more than 8 yrs working in other country and then came here in Canada.I applied for PR including in the application my kids so that we will stay together.My eldest won't be able to come with me coz she has a family now but my 2 kids (16yrs old and 13yrs old) changed their mind that they don't want to be with me here in Canada rather to stay with my parents and sisters where they grew up.They chose to stay with them than me.My question is.Does my PR status will be revoke because my children don't want to come here?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/26/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,

I am a single mom with 3 kids.I've been away with them for more than 8 yrs working in other country and then came here in Canada.I applied for PR including in the application my kids so that we will stay together.My eldest won't be able to come with me coz she has a family now but my 2 kids (16yrs old and 13yrs old) changed their mind that they don't want to be with me here in Canada rather to stay with my parents and sisters where they grew up.They chose to stay with them than me.My question is.Does my PR status will be revoke because my children don't want to come here?

1. No.

PMM
link
ashlee
ashlee

Posted On: 12/27/2015
ashlee
ashlee
Hi,
Thank you so much for you response.One more question that I want to asked is if in the future they want to come here is it still possible to re apply again?

Sincerely,
Ashlee
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/28/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi,
Thank you so much for you response.One more question that I want to asked is if in the future they want to come here is it still possible to re apply again?

Sincerely,
Ashlee

1. As long as they are single, and still under 19. you could sponsor them.

PMM
link
ashlee
ashlee

Posted On: 12/28/2015
ashlee
ashlee
Thank you so much for the info it's really a big help for me.
link