Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Conditional PR or PR 

Kazshu
Kazshu

Posted On: 12/29/2015
Kazshu
Kazshu
Hi

I have applied for an Inland Spousal Application. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and we married in Toronto and have our marriage certificate is from Toronto.

We have 1 child and another one on the way. We have been living overseas for most of our 5 years of marriage. We have been living together for about 3 years and the rest of 2 years we were apart due to our travels.

As I understand if I am correct, the situation for us is that we WILL NOT be subject to a 2 year conditional permanent residency (i.e. MUST live together FOR 2 YEARS) after a decision has been made on my spousal application because we have been living together for 3 years now.

So my question is, will I be granted Permanent Residency after a successful application decision has been made or a Conditional Permanent Residency or if different what would I be granted most likely.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/30/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hi

I have applied for an Inland Spousal Application. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and we married in Toronto and have our marriage certificate is from Toronto.

We have 1 child and another one on the way. We have been living overseas for most of our 5 years of marriage. We have been living together for about 3 years and the rest of 2 years we were apart due to our travels.

As I understand if I am correct, the situation for us is that we WILL NOT be subject to a 2 year conditional permanent residency (i.e. MUST live together FOR 2 YEARS) after a decision has been made on my spousal application because we have been living together for 3 years now.

So my question is, will I be granted Permanent Residency after a successful application decision has been made or a Conditional Permanent Residency or if different what would I be granted most likely.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you

1. Your PR won't have any conditions on it.

PMM
link
Kazshu
Kazshu

Posted On: 12/30/2015
Kazshu
Kazshu
Thanks

After I receive a non conditional PR, do I apply for full citizen after 5 years? I'm unsure about that.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/31/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Thanks

After I receive a non conditional PR, do I apply for full citizen after 5 years? I'm unsure about that.

1. For citizenship you require physical presence for 4 years in the 6 year period after "landing". If you didn't leave Canada for 4 years after the date of "landing" you could apply after the 4th year.

PMM
link
Kazshu
Kazshu

Posted On: 1/1/2016
Kazshu
Kazshu
Okay Thanks
link