Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Abusive Partner - Deportation Possible? 

Shoryuken
Shoryuken

Posted On: 12/30/2015
Shoryuken
Shoryuken
Ok, so here is my story. I'll try to be clear and concise.

I am a Canadian citizen (2003, got my citizenship) who went back home (Philippines) in 2004 to study. I stayed there for about 5 years, just after I finished my studies. Anyways, in 2007 I met a girl and married her and soon afterwards our son was born (2008). I came back here in Canada on 2009 because I could not make ends meet with my job there in the Philippines and i knew that it would be better here to work. After 3 years (2012), I was able to sponsor my wife to come to Canada, my son being a Canadian Citizen already by virtue of me being a Naturalized Canadian citizen did not need to be sponsored. So they arrived here during the 1st quarter of 2012. Now for the purposes if this thread, I need to mention that even before I married my wife, we were already fighting and bickering with one another but because she was pregnant at the time before we got married, I thought I needed to "own up" to my actions and go ahead with the marriage even though there were already "redflags" in our relationship and that we should not have gotten married. Anyways, I thought she would change for the better once she got here but the situation only got worse. She is verbally and physically abusive towards me and my son who is now 7 y.o. And we have a daughter who is turning 2 on january of 2016.
Now on to the details about her abusive behaviour: She constantly say bad and expletive words to me when she gets angry for the smallest of reasons and she has in more than one occasion physically hit me with blunt objects and threw stuffs at me like our son's toys, she hit me with a extension rod, with the buckle of a belt and an umbrella. Not to mention she has also hit my son and kicked him on more than one occasion. To top it all off, she has the audacity to kick us out of our apartment, which is under my name as I am the tenant, when she is angry. She also yells on the corridors and throw my clothes out the window to the balcony. she has no respect to me whatsoever. I am paying for everything including hydro and providing my family with basic necessities. I have documented her abuse during her outburst of wrath and have pictures of the bodily harm she has caused me and also my son. On more than one occasion, she has pinched my son on the arms and on his waist resulting in an unwanted mark or bruise. Also when she hit me with a extension rod, it resulted in contusions on my shoulders and arms.
I have had enough already. I am only now staying because of my two kids and I am seriously contemplating divorce and having a peacebond filed against her. I did not neglect her or physically harm her in anyway when she physically hit me because i know that if I touch her or lay a finger at her, then the cops would be all over me and I could go to jail.
In light of this horrible situation i am in, my question would be is, what are the chances of me getting custody of our kids and she be deported. She is still a PR in Canada.

P.S. I know that I have been taken as a fool by my wife by all accounts but I am fed up and I have "waken" up from her manipulative attitude.

You must first defeat Shenlong to stand a chance against me!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/30/2015
PMM
PMM
Hi

Ok, so here is my story. I'll try to be clear and concise.

I am a Canadian citizen (2003, got my citizenship) who went back home (Philippines) in 2004 to study. I stayed there for about 5 years, just after I finished my studies. Anyways, in 2007 I met a girl and married her and soon afterwards our son was born (2008). I came back here in Canada on 2009 because I could not make ends meet with my job there in the Philippines and i knew that it would be better here to work. After 3 years (2012), I was able to sponsor my wife to come to Canada, my son being a Canadian Citizen already by virtue of me being a Naturalized Canadian citizen did not need to be sponsored. So they arrived here during the 1st quarter of 2012. Now for the purposes if this thread, I need to mention that even before I married my wife, we were already fighting and bickering with one another but because she was pregnant at the time before we got married, I thought I needed to "own up" to my actions and go ahead with the marriage even though there were already "redflags" in our relationship and that we should not have gotten married. Anyways, I thought she would change for the better once she got here but the situation only got worse. She is verbally and physically abusive towards me and my son who is now 7 y.o. And we have a daughter who is turning 2 on january of 2016.
Now on to the details about her abusive behaviour: She constantly say bad and expletive words to me when she gets angry for the smallest of reasons and she has in more than one occasion physically hit me with blunt objects and threw stuffs at me like our son's toys, she hit me with a extension rod, with the buckle of a belt and an umbrella. Not to mention she has also hit my son and kicked him on more than one occasion. To top it all off, she has the audacity to kick us out of our apartment, which is under my name as I am the tenant, when she is angry. She also yells on the corridors and throw my clothes out the window to the balcony. she has no respect to me whatsoever. I am paying for everything including hydro and providing my family with basic necessities. I have documented her abuse during her outburst of wrath and have pictures of the bodily harm she has caused me and also my son. On more than one occasion, she has pinched my son on the arms and on his waist resulting in an unwanted mark or bruise. Also when she hit me with a extension rod, it resulted in contusions on my shoulders and arms.
I have had enough already. I am only now staying because of my two kids and I am seriously contemplating divorce and having a peacebond filed against her. I did not neglect her or physically harm her in anyway when she physically hit me because i know that if I touch her or lay a finger at her, then the cops would be all over me and I could go to jail.
In light of this horrible situation i am in, my question would be is, what are the chances of me getting custody of our kids and she be deported. She is still a PR in Canada.

P.S. I know that I have been taken as a fool by my wife by all accounts but I am fed up and I have "waken" up from her manipulative attitude.

You must first defeat Shenlong to stand a chance against me!

1. Whether you get custody of your children is matter for the courts.
2. No, she will not be deported, she is a Permanent Residence.

PMM
link