Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

How will I receive the PR card? 

iammasum
iammasum

Posted On: 2/2/2016
iammasum
iammasum
Hello all,

I am coming to canada on April, 2016 but for a short time. I have to leave before getting my PR card. So, my question is now CIC or the authority will send the PR card to the address in canada that I will provide or I have to collect it by physically?? Please let me know. Please also let me know can my sister send me the PR card through Fedex or DHL to Japan???

Masum
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/2/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello all,

I am coming to canada on April, 2016 but for a short time. I have to leave before getting my PR card. So, my question is now CIC or the authority will send the PR card to the address in canada that I will provide or I have to collect it by physically?? Please let me know. Please also let me know can my sister send me the PR card through Fedex or DHL to Japan???

Masum

1. In most cases they will mail to the address in Canada you supply and your sister could mail/courier overseas.
2. In some instances where the VO determines during your "landing' that you are not taking up residence in Canada, you will be told to apply for the card with and address once you take up residence, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

PMM
link