Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Want to Land in Edmonton instead of Toronto 

MAKRAND
MAKRAND

Posted On: 2/8/2016
MAKRAND
MAKRAND
Hello dear sirs

We got my COPR and Entry VISA on Passport up to valid to 2016/05/18 . I applied under the federal skilled trade program, my COPR Category is MST type and my Visa is IM-1.

My COPR reads "Destination:, TORONTO ,ON " but we want to land in Edmonton because we will live with friends for a few months and then would like to reside permanently in Edmonton, Alberta.

My questions are:
1. Should we land at Edmonton instead of Toronto.? If Not then how much time we have to stay at TORONTO
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/8/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello dear sirs

We got my COPR and Entry VISA on Passport up to valid to 2016/05/18 . I applied under the federal skilled trade program, my COPR Category is MST type and my Visa is IM-1.

My COPR reads "Destination:, TORONTO ,ON " but we want to land in Edmonton because we will live with friends for a few months and then would like to reside permanently in Edmonton, Alberta.

My questions are:
1. Should we land at Edmonton instead of Toronto.? If Not then how much time we have to stay at TORONTO

1. As long as you weren't selected under the Ontario PNP program you can "land" and live where ever you wish in Canada. Note that you can "land" in Quebec without a CAQ or proof of onward transportation.

PMM
link