Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeCommunity and Recreation

Arts and Culture, Libraries, Media, Religion and Worship, Sports and Recreation...

Road Trip Canada and US - Suggestions? 

JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000

Posted On: 2/22/2016
JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000
Hello everyone I'm new to the group.
Orginally from the UK I am now living in Toronto, working in a bar hoping to save up enough money to do a road trip to the states at some point. Has anyone done a road trip from CAnadan to the states before? :-)

link
JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000

Posted On: 2/24/2016
JustinJones3000
JustinJones3000
I was also wondering what the camping situation is like in Ontario? My plan is to get a carvan from campanda.com/and go out into the wilderness of Ontario before trying to make it to the states. Is free camping a thing in Canada? Or will I have to pay for a permit for my van?
Also, I have a visa for Canada but what's the deal with going to America on a Canadian visa? I suppose it's easier for Canadians than any other nationality? Or will I not be allowed to stay in America because I only have a temporary visa for Canada? I have heard horror stories about immigration in America so I don't want to get stuck! Any advice you have would be really appreciated, this is the only forum about this kind of thing that I've found. I don't know many people in Canada so don't really have anyone to ask either, so I'd be very grateful for your help :-)
Many thanks.
link
Kayray
Kayray

Posted On: 2/17/2018
Kayray
Kayray
If you're going to be camping at parks, then you're going to need a permit. You can check out this site if you want to find places where you can camp for free. As for traveling to the US, citizens of some countries can travel without a visa. It depends on whether the country of your citizenship is part of their program. You can check out the list here.
link
aman121
aman121

Posted On: 4/21/2021
aman121
aman121
JustinJones3000 wrote:
Hello everyone I'm new to the group.
Orginally from the UK I am now living in Toronto, working in a bar hoping to save up enough money to do a road trip to the states at some point. Has anyone done a road trip from CAnadan to the states before? :-)

Being a student hard to get time for a road trip :-D
link