Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Actual PR card Application Received Date 

Xtinebup
Xtinebup

Posted On: 2/23/2016
Xtinebup
Xtinebup
Dear Mr./ Ms.

My PR card was expired in Jan 2016. I mailed my renewal application by using registered mail on Oct 22, 2015; and post canada showed me CIC has received my application on Oct 27, 2015. Untill yesterday, i received an email from CIC:

"This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/02/22."

CIC website is showing they are working on the application received on Sept 25, 2015 and the processing time is around 169days.

My questions are:
1. Are they counting my application received date on Oct 27, 2015 or on Feb 22, 2016?
2. Generally, is 169 days processing time included the date between oct 27, 2015 to Feb 22, 2016?
3. I was planning a trip in June 2016, i was giving myself an 8 months allowance time for this PR card application. If question number 2 is answered "No", thats mean i wasted extra 4 months and at least 9-10 months for processing my application. I will not get my pr card before June, 2016. Should i send a new urgent application or i can just mail an extra file included air ticket and explanation letter?

Thank you so much!

Christine
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/24/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

1. Oct 27/15
2. Counting days starts from Oct/27th.
3. Just wait, you should receive you card some time in April (Actually maybe slightly quicker as times have dropped, as no cards were produced in Oct/November during the system and card upgrade)

PMM
link
Xtinebup
Xtinebup

Posted On: 2/24/2016
Xtinebup
Xtinebup
HI,

Thank you for your answers.
But the date that Post Canada showed me was not official, it was just telling me that someone have signed my package. IF they counting the received date is same as the mailed date, then what is the received date Feb 22, 2016 for?

Another problem is my application doesn't appear in the system when i tried to check the application status online.

when can i check my application status online?

thanks again
link