Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsorship Application of Dependent child 

ugandhi
ugandhi

Posted On: 3/10/2016
ugandhi
ugandhi
Hello,

We ( Myself, Wife and Daughter) are PR`s and done our first landing in 2014 got our PR.

My son born after we got PR outside Canada. We decided to settle permanently and living in Canada since Sep-15.

We bought our one-year-old son on TRV along with us and applied PR for him in Oct-15. CIC Mississauga office approved the sponsorship and forwarded his PR application to New Delhi office in Dec-15. Even upfront medicals also forwarded to New Delhi office.

Question No 1: Since my son in on TRV, do I require to apply extension of TRV

Question No 2: Generally how long does it takes to process PR for infants.

Please advice

Thanks
GANDHI
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/11/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello,

We ( Myself, Wife and Daughter) are PR`s and done our first landing in 2014 got our PR.

My son born after we got PR outside Canada. We decided to settle permanently and living in Canada since Sep-15.

We bought our one-year-old son on TRV along with us and applied PR for him in Oct-15. CIC Mississauga office approved the sponsorship and forwarded his PR application to New Delhi office in Dec-15. Even upfront medicals also forwarded to New Delhi office.

Question No 1: Since my son in on TRV, do I require to apply extension of TRV

Question No 2: Generally how long does it takes to process PR for infants.

Please advice

Thanks
GANDHI

1. It appears that you are confusing a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) which only allows him to enter Canada, with a Visitor record, which allows him to remain in Canada. So it depends at the Port of Entry how long he was allowed to remain. He should have been issued either a document which outlines how long he can stay or just a stamp was placed in the passport. If it was a stamp with no writing underneath, then he was admitted for 6 months.
2. If he was admitted for 6 months in October, you have to apply for an extension of his visitor permit for him to remain legally.
3. A minor under, no criminal records check, no background check, so probably 6 months or so overseas.

PMM
link