Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Short Landing: Bank statement as POF 

Kishore.D
Kishore.D

Posted On: 3/23/2016
Kishore.D
Kishore.D
Hello all,

I have just been approved of a PR visa but unfortunately it expires on 11th April, which gives me very less time to immigrate.

However I have made my plans for a "short landing" at Toronto between 6th-10th April.

My questions:-

1) I do not want to carry the full funds on me (12,200 CAD). Since I am in Toronto for a short duration, will it make sense to explain to the officer that I only have limited cash and my debit/credit cards on me since I do not intend to immediately live in Canada.

2) If the above "short landing" situation is acceptable, perhaps I can support my case with my current offer letter showing terms of employment and notice period? (in turn showing my intent to fully migrate in the near future)

3) Can I can show the officer my recent Fixed deposit & savings receipts amounting to 12,000 CAD.(bank statements) I can arrange to have these funds trasfered when I actually need them...

Is this acceptable? Or must I make alternatives?

Thank you in advance,

Kishore

Kishore.D
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/23/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

Hello all,

I have just been approved of a PR visa but unfortunately it expires on 11th April, which gives me very less time to immigrate.

However I have made my plans for a "short landing" at Toronto between 6th-10th April.

My questions:-

1) I do not want to carry the full funds on me (12,200 CAD). Since I am in Toronto for a short duration, will it make sense to explain to the officer that I only have limited cash and my debit/credit cards on me since I do not intend to immediately live in Canada.

2) If the above "short landing" situation is acceptable, perhaps I can support my case with my current offer letter showing terms of employment and notice period? (in turn showing my intent to fully migrate in the near future)

3) Can I can show the officer my recent Fixed deposit & savings receipts amounting to 12,000 CAD.(bank statements) I can arrange to have these funds trasfered when I actually need them...

Is this acceptable? Or must I make alternatives?

Thank you in advance,

Kishore

Kishore.D

1. The bank statement showing sufficient cash savings is fine for proof of funds.

PMM
link