Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

COPR/Visa Name Error - Will Be Corrected at POE? 

slman
slman

Posted On: 6/5/2019
slman
slman
Aamritha1983 wrote:
Hi

i recently got my work permit to Canada stamped and in the stamping i found that they have not completely printed my Given / First name correctly

In Passport, my first/given name is : Aamritha
In Stamping : Aamrith

(They left out the last character)

They got my last name correctly.
Can anyone help understand if this will be a issue when i travel .
I just need to know if i have to contact Visa Office in Bangalore and what would be the process to correct it.
Thanks in advance

Hi Aamritha,

I faced the similar situation and wondering what I should be doing. What happened with your name? Your reply would be much appreciated.
link
kvinod960
kvinod960

Posted On: 6/16/2022
kvinod960
kvinod960
Hello Team,

we applied for PR and my wife got PPR request. She submitted passport and today got passport from Delhi Office.

on the visa and COPR family name is incorrect compared to passport. Actual Family name is : KOLAGANI but they mentioned as KOLANGANI, "N" is extra in the family name middle. When I checked all the documents I came to know that after biometrics Hyderabad VFS office mentioned name as wrong when they updated bio to the gc key.

I already booked my tickets so in this case what I need to do. Is this need to correct in India or after came to Canada can we correct it?

Please help me
link
kvinod960
kvinod960

Posted On: 6/21/2022
kvinod960
kvinod960
insanecrush wrote:
Hello, PMM
I got my COPR last week with my marital status incorrectly mentioned as 'Married'. I'm a divorcee and had mentioned it clearly in my application for FSW-Outland PR. Had attached the divorce decree dated July 28, 2016 too. Date of COPR - September 14, 2017. Should I have it corrected by sending the original divorce decree's copy to CIC? The visa stamped on my passport also clearly states 'Admit one person'. I live in India and intend to land in Toronto by March 2018. I raised a request in the IRCC Web Form - New Delhi link, but haven't heard back from them. Apparently, they will respond in 30 days. Kindly advise. Thank you.

Did you get any reply from IRCC Delhi, if yes how many days it taken to get reply.
link
Sammy01
Sammy01

Posted On: 2 days ago
Sammy01
Sammy01
I recently received my Visa and COPR for me and my family....though all the details on both the visa and COPR are correct i noticec that my passport photograph was placed on my husband's COPR while mine was placed on his....is ths an issue, do i need to contact ircc or it can be corrected at the point of entry.
please note that thrs no typo errors all details on both the COPR and visa are correct only the passport photographs btw mw and my spouse was swapped on our COPR.

i appreciate your response
link
Sammy01
Sammy01

Posted On: 1 days ago
Sammy01
Sammy01
Pls can anyone help with ths matter? really urgent

Sammy01 wrote:
I recently received my Visa and COPR for me and my family....though all the details on both the visa and COPR are correct i noticed that my passport photograph was placed on my husband's COPR while mine was placed on his....is ths an issue, do i need to contact ircc or it can be corrected at the point of entry.
please note that thrs no typo errors all details on both the COPR and visa are correct only the passport photographs btw mw and my spouse was swapped on our COPR.

i appreciate your response
link

Posted On: 1 days ago
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you contact IRCC directly for this information. The IRCC Client Support Centre can provide information and advice regarding this error, you can reach them by phone (1-888-242-2100) or use their web form.

You want to inform them of this error as soon as possible. IRCC outlined the process for this in their helpdesk article, How do I correct an error on my immigration document?

We hope this information is helpful. If you require any further assistance, it may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation. To find a community legal clinic in your area, visit Services Near Me.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link