Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Secondary Review PR Card 

nisarhaiderbhatti
nisarhaiderbhatti

Posted On: 7/21/2016
Hi
My PR card expired on Mar 30, 2016. I applied for its renewal. In response, I received two e-mails from CIC on June 20 and June 24 respectively. In June 20, 2016 letter, I was asked to provide color copies of travel documents I held during last 5 years, and certificate of entry/exit record from the country I visited. In return, I wrote a reply to CIC and informed CIC that I am not in authority/power to get certificate of entry and exit from the country I visited i.e Pakistan because in Pakistan, Authorities do not issue such certificate and to the extent of color copies, I annexed with the letter.
However, in letter dated June 24, 2016 I was informed that a primary review has been made and file has been sent for Secondary Review. In case CIC office needed any additional document, you will notified. Thereafter, no communication. On webpage info, In Process.
I would like to get valuable comments and advises.
I faced 2 major and sad incidents during this period of renewal. July 1st, my beloved mom passed away and July 20, my uncle passed away. How I can request CIC to expedite my application process.
early comments and replies will be highly appreciated.
Nisar
link
nisarhaiderbhatti
nisarhaiderbhatti

Posted On: 7/24/2016
Permanent Resident Card
  • We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 4, 2016.
  • We started processing your application on May 2, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence on June 20, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • link