Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Confirmation PR IMM5688 conflict expiration date 

happy_abc
happy_abc

Posted On: 9/16/2016
happy_abc
happy_abc
I reside outside of Canada and planning to move to Canada later.

I received my IMM5688 couple months ago and i saw the personal details expiration date is 2019. However, I recently found out there is two additional expiration dated 2016/9/1 for the application and medical details. What is the difference? Which one is the actual expiration date for me to officially land as PR?

Since it is expired, what should I do?

Thank you.

P.S. I tried to find this info on the CIC website but I dont think I am having any luck.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/16/2016
PMM
PMM
Hi

happy_abc wrote:
I reside outside of Canada and planning to move to Canada later.

I received my IMM5688 couple months ago and i saw the personal details expiration date is 2019. However, I recently found out there is two additional expiration dated 2016/9/1 for the application and medical details. What is the difference? Which one is the actual expiration date for me to officially land as PR?

Since it is expired, what should I do?

Thank you.

P.S. I tried to find this info on the CIC website but I dont think I am having any luck.

1. Your COPR has expired, it was valid until 01/Sept/16 the date you had to "land" by. Which would be 1 year from the date of the medical. So you are going to have to re-apply
link