Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Confirmation of PR 

sneepa
sneepa

Posted On: 1/4/2017
sneepa
sneepa
Hi I have become permanent resident when I first landed in Canada. I have my PR card with me. Unfortunately I am missing my confirmation of landing paper which was attached with my old passport. I will apply for my Canadian citizenship soon. Do you think it might be a problem without that paper or PR card is good enough? Please advise.
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

sneepa wrote:
Hi I have become permanent resident when I first landed in Canada. I have my PR card with me. Unfortunately I am missing my confirmation of landing paper which was attached with my old passport. I will apply for my Canadian citizenship soon. Do you think it might be a problem without that paper or PR card is good enough? Please advise.

1. Apply to get a copy of COPR, as you will need it for citizenship and for your OAP. You can submit an explanation letter with the citizenship application why you don't have, but you will need it in future.
link
Wanderer
Wanderer

Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't think you can get a copy of the COPR, but you can get the verification of status (VOS) which has the information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

I have read that it can take six months to receive the VOS, so plan ahead.
link