Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Spousal Sponsorship Visa Questions 

Thoye
Thoye

Posted On: 1/7/2017
Thoye
Thoye
Hello,

I would like some clarifying about some things with our application.

I am sponsoring my spouse for Permanent Residence (From within Canada) and we have received an e-mail from the government saying that his application has been received. We have yet to receive any other notification about what to do next, but the processing time says 2 years - will we not find out what to do next for 2 years? Currently my husband is on a tourist visa, can he legally stay within Canada since we submitted the application or will he need to extend his visitors visa for him to be legal to stay?

My second question is that it has been 3.5 months since he's been in the country - in his passport there is a stamp from immigration but no date which says he needs to leave by. Should I assume correctly that he has 6 months which this visa is valid? And can we leave the country for my friend's wedding in February in California?

Thanks
link
samola10
samola10

Posted On: 1/8/2017
samola10
samola10
Hello Boss,
This is my concern nd i need clarification...
I submitted an application for spousal sponsoship on the 23/11/2015 , am a Nigerian the principal applicant and my spouse a Canadian citizen the sponsor.
She got approval about 5 months that we submitted our application that was around April 2016 and file transfered to accra Ghana the visa office.
Around September my was opened nd i got some additional documents rewuest up till November 23 where i was asked to re-medical and as at December 1, 2015 they received my medical result. On 5th January 2017 i logged into my online portal of cic lo and behold my in-process changed to decision made DM. I clicked on it to know whats written, i read we received you application for permanent resident 23/11/2015, we started to process your application on 22/04/2015, we received your medical test result.
That's all.
My question now is, what does the decision made means, is it positive or negative? Am so worried because no mail to request passport submission and how long will it take to get the request ....?
Thank you
link