Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Identity documents: translation and expiration 

MaryBerry
MaryBerry

Posted On: 2/14/2017
MaryBerry
MaryBerry
Hello there,
So my only form of identity document is my expired passport and attached with the passport is a confirmation form of PR.

I was a minor when I arrived to Canada, so I did not have my passport renewed since when it was held with my parents.
I spoke with the call services, and they told me that I need to photocopy my passport and have a written document attached declaring that I have used this document for PR.

Now, my only concern is that my passport is in a different language. Some sections are in English, however most parts are in a different language. It talks about translating my documents, but do I need to translate my passport? or is translation of documents are for other documents not the passport.

If I do have to translate my documents, do I attach the photocopy of my passport pages in it's original language, and then another photocopy of a translation. Also, how do I have them translated, where do I go?

Thanks
link

Posted On: 2/14/2017
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Would you mind clarifying if you are hoping to collect the necessary paperwork to get a form of ID for use or if you are renewing your PR card?

Either way, I recommend that you call the centre you initially called and ask them what they need you to do to submit your expired passport and PR information.

You can find more information about translating documents by in our Settlement.Org How do I get my documents translated? article.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

=====
Eric
Settlement.Org Content Coordinator
Settlement.Org
link