Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Want to Travel - Apply for PRTD? -Expired Passport 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 3/16/2017
ForumUser
ForumUser
Good day,

I'm planning a trip and I want to know what application I need to fill out. I have a valid permanent resident card, but my passport ( Venezuelan) is expired. I cannot renew my passport in the consulate because I'm a refugee. I was told that I need a permanent resident travel document, but when I wanted to pay the fee, it's said I had to be outside tè country. Is there another application?

Thank you!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/17/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

ForumUser wrote:
Good day,

I'm planning a trip and I want to know what application I need to fill out. I have a valid permanent resident card, but my passport ( Venezuelan) is expired. I cannot renew my passport in the consulate because I'm a refugee. I was told that I need a permanent resident travel document, but when I wanted to pay the fee, it's said I had to be outside tè country. Is there another application?

Thank you!

1. You have to apply to the Canadian Passport office for a Refugee Travel Document: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/travel-documents/index.asp
2. Note, it will not be valid for travel to Venezuela
link