Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Open Work Permit while Waiting for PR 

Ryhi
Ryhi

Posted On: 3/27/2017
Ryhi
Ryhi
Hi,

I'm a US citizen, and my status here in Canada is a visitor.I applied in Canada for permanent residency through spousal sponsorship. My application processed on Feb 28, 2017. They even send me the application/UCI number.

Along with my PR application I also applied for an open work permit and paid the fees as well. My question is how long it approximately takes for them to send my work permit after sending my application number?

It is really difficult to get answers from them, because it is impossible to talk to an agent.

I would really appreciate any help and comments you might have.... Thank you!!
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

Ryhi wrote:
Hi,

I'm a US citizen, and my status here in Canada is a visitor.I applied in Canada for permanent residency through spousal sponsorship. My application processed on Feb 28, 2017. They even send me the application/UCI number.

Along with my PR application I also applied for an open work permit and paid the fees as well. My question is how long it approximately takes for them to send my work permit after sending my application number?

It is really difficult to get answers from them, because it is impossible to talk to an agent.

I would really appreciate any help and comments you might have.... Thank you!!

1. Posted processing time for work permits for "in Canada" spousal applicants is 4 months.
link
Ryhi
Ryhi

Ryhi
Ryhi
Thank you for your reply!
Is that the new policy though? Because I heard that for people applying in 2017, the processing time is cut in half.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/28/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Ryhi wrote:
Thank you for your reply!
Is that the new policy though? Because I heard that for people applying in 2017, the processing time is cut in half.

1. The processing time for the sponsorship/application has been cut to 12 months for 80% of applications, but it is still 4 months for the work permit.
link
Ryhi
Ryhi

Posted On: 3/28/2017
Ryhi
Ryhi
Oh I see!!! Thank you so much.
link