Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Mother Canadian Citizen - Want to Live in Canada 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 4/11/2017
ForumUser
ForumUser
I would like to know more about how to apply for permanent residence. My mother is a Canadian citizen and lives here in america with me (I am her son; 38 years old). We would both like to move to Canada and while she won't be working, I would like to work and be able to take care of her. What would I need to do to be able to live in Canada with her?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 4/12/2017
PMM
PMM
HI

ForumUser wrote:
I would like to know more about how to apply for permanent residence. My mother is a Canadian citizen and lives here in america with me (I am her son; 38 years old). We would both like to move to Canada and while she won't be working, I would like to work and be able to take care of her. What would I need to do to be able to live in Canada with her?

1, If she is a Canadian, all she has to do is have proof of her citizenship and she can return to Canada anytime
2. If she was either born in Canada or naturalized (not received it through descent) You would be a citizen, and have to apply for proof of citizenship, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp
3, Note your children would not be citizens as they would be 2nd generation born abroad
link