Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Wife Reported at POE - Not Met PR Requirements 

Hsmpr
Hsmpr

Posted On: 5/27/2017
Hsmpr
Hsmpr
My wife has not met RO and got reported at PoE. She appealed against the decision which is going to take at least one year in IAD. I am worried her appeal would be dismissed.

My question is, as I am a PR and living in Canada, can I sponsor my wife (who is still in Canada) while the case is still pending in the court?

What is the best available option for me to secure her stay in Canada till she gets her PR status back again?
link
Wanderer
Wanderer

Posted On: 5/29/2017
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't believe you would be able to sponsor her until she has either won the appeal, had a revocation completed, or gives up her status.
link
Hsmpr
Hsmpr

Posted On: 5/30/2017
Hsmpr
Hsmpr
Wanderer wrote:
I don't believe you would be able to sponsor her until she has either won the appeal, had a revocation completed, or gives up her status.

Thanks.
If she gives up her status before IAD decision, will she be asked to leave Canada immediately or I will get some time to submit her inland sponsorship application??
Once application is submitted then she will have implied status and continue her stay here. Right??
link
Hsmpr
Hsmpr

Posted On: 5/30/2017
Hsmpr
Hsmpr
Wanderer wrote:

Yes she wants to stay in Canada.
If she gives up her status before IAD decision, will she be asked to leave Canada immediately or there will be some time gap?
What if I send my application for inland sponsorship during that period?
Will CIC allow her to stay here and can I also apply for her work permit?
What should I do.
link