Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

My Ex-Husband wants to get my PR card 

Mags Velasco
Mags Velasco

Posted On: 5/30/2017
Mags Velasco
Mags Velasco
My ex-husband is the one who sponsor me to came here in Canada as a Permanent Resident.

But now we're already divorce for 2years and he always threat me and he told me that he's going to get my Permanent Card

.Is their any chance or does he have the right to get my permanent residence card even though were already divorce for 2 years?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/30/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Mags Velasco wrote:
My ex-husband is the one who sponsor me to came here in Canada as a Permanent Resident.

But now we're already divorce for 2years and he always threat me and he told me that he's going to get my Permanent Card

.Is their any chance or does he have the right to get my permanent residence card even though were already divorce for 2 years?

1. The only way your ex could effect your PR status, is if he sponsored you as a spouse, and you never lived with him or left him within a week or two of "landing". Then there is the possibility if CBSA receives a complaint, from the ex that it was a marriage of Convenience and he was fooled by you . Unlikely, that it will happen but that is the only way he could effect your PR status.
link