Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Eligiblility for the PR Travel Document 

kennylui
kennylui

Posted On: 6/5/2017
kennylui
kennylui
In May 2017, I found out that I have a permanent resident status in Canada when I apply for ETA. Twenty-seven years ago, I came to Canada as a minor with my parent (when I was six), and my family returned back to our home country after a short visit in Canada. Two year ago, I have married with my husband who is a Canadian citizen and we have lived together in Hong Kong since the first day of our marriage. I and my husband plan to return to Canada for goods by the end of this year. I would like to apply for the Permanent Resident Travel document. I have these questions for my application:
1. Am I eligible to apply for the Permanent Resident Travel Document?
2. Do I meet the residency obligation by accompanying a Canadian citizen for 2 years (which meet the residency obligation).
3. Also, I don't have Social Insurance Number. Would a lack of a SIN number affect my application for PR Travel Document?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/5/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

kennylui wrote:
In May 2017, I found out that I have a permanent resident status in Canada when I apply for ETA. Twenty-seven years ago, I came to Canada as a minor with my parent (when I was six), and my family returned back to our home country after a short visit in Canada. Two year ago, I have married with my husband who is a Canadian citizen and we have lived together in Hong Kong since the first day of our marriage. I and my husband plan to return to Canada for goods by the end of this year. I would like to apply for the Permanent Resident Travel document. I have these questions for my application:
1. Am I eligible to apply for the Permanent Resident Travel Document?
2. Do I meet the residency obligation by accompanying a Canadian citizen for 2 years (which meet the residency obligation).
3. Also, I don't have Social Insurance Number. Would a lack of a SIN number affect my application for PR Travel Document?

1. Yes, as you are living for at least 2 years with a CC spouse overseas.
2. See 1.
3. No, SIN has nothing to do with Immigration.
link