Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Marital Status confusion with Conjugal Sponsorship 

Omar
Omar

Posted On: 6/22/2017
Omar
Omar
I am applying to be sponsored by a Conjugal partner under the family class and I'm having some confusion with the Marital status. I know I am not in a common-law partnership or married, I also haven't previously been married or in a common-law partner. This leaves me with the options of either single or unkown. The entire reason for the conjugal application is to be sponsored by a genuine partner who you're unable to live with consecutively for a year and unable to currently marry so I find it weird to put single but am also very unsure about the unknown option as I can't find detailed information about it. It'd be great to get some help. Thanks.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/22/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Omar wrote:
I am applying to be sponsored by a Conjugal partner under the family class and I'm having some confusion with the Marital status. I know I am not in a common-law partnership or married, I also haven't previously been married or in a common-law partner. This leaves me with the options of either single or unkown. The entire reason for the conjugal application is to be sponsored by a genuine partner who you're unable to live with consecutively for a year and unable to currently marry so I find it weird to put single but am also very unsure about the unknown option as I can't find detailed information about it. It'd be great to get some help. Thanks.

1. You are neither married, nor in C/law relationship, so the answer would be single.
2. You know that conjugal is one of the hardest categories to qualify in?
link