Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Am I eligible for Conjugal Sponsorship? 

Omar
Omar

Posted On: 6/22/2017
Omar
Omar
I would like to sponsor my conjugal partner. I know we are not in a common-law relationship because we are unable to live together for one year due to one life being in Lebanon and another in Canada. We have both our parent's approval but the current issue is within Lebanon and spesificly our culture. It is looked down upon for an older women to take a younger man. We really wanted to setup a life together in Canada and prepare everything before marriage to avoid issues here, for the sake of her religious parents. Before applying I wanted to ensure that the given reason is eligable for the conjugal application or if the opposing reason for no marriage has to be strictly against law. Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 6/22/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Omar wrote:
I would like to sponsor my conjugal partner. I know we are not in a common-law relationship because we are unable to live together for one year due to one life being in Lebanon and another in Canada. We have both our parent's approval but the current issue is within Lebanon and spesificly our culture. It is looked down upon for an older women to take a younger man. We really wanted to setup a life together in Canada and prepare everything before marriage to avoid issues here, for the sake of her religious parents. Before applying I wanted to ensure that the given reason is eligable for the conjugal application or if the opposing reason for no marriage has to be strictly against law. Thank you.

1, You realize that if both of you are free to marry, if there is nothing stopping you from marrying in Lebanon or another country in the area, the chances of being approved as conjugal, are pretty close to zero. Religious beliefs about common/law unions won't persuade IRCC that you have a barrier to living together if there is an impediment to marriage.
link