Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Truncated information on immigration document 

burakcayir
burakcayir

Posted On: 6/23/2017
burakcayir
burakcayir
Hello,

My Confirmation of Permanent Residence document has my last name with a special character "Ç" where as it appears as "C" in my PR card and all other provincial ID documents. What do you think I should write into citizenship application form?

Also my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document has my birth place as truncated as it is a long word.
Should I fill the citizenship application form with that truncated information or with the correct one?

Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

PMM
PMM
Hi

burakcayir wrote:
Hello,

My Confirmation of Permanent Residence document has my last name with a special character "Ç" where as it appears as "C" in my PR card and all other provincial ID documents. What do you think I should write into citizenship application form?

Also my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document has my birth place as truncated as it is a long word.
Should I fill the citizenship application form with that truncated information or with the correct one?

Thank you.

1. It is unlikely that IRCC will issue the document with the special C, you can try filling out the application with it, but is likely your certificate will be issued with a C
2. Don't use the truncated birth place, spell it out completely.
link
burakcayir
burakcayir

burakcayir
burakcayir
Thank you. Do you think I should add an explanation letter for the birth place if I don't use the truncated information on form?
link