Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I Sponsor an Aunt,Cousin? 

Mariana
Mariana

Posted On: 7/10/2017
Mariana
Mariana
Hello,
I have 2 adult cousins and one aunt abroad that i would like to sponsor. I have an uncle and a mother that are Canadian citizens. Would we each be able to sponsor one of the family members abroad? My mother has a brother and a niece in canada, and my uncle (the other canadian citizen) is married, has children, and a sister in Canada. What is our best option for helping our 3 family members immigrate to Canada?
Thank you for your time.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/10/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Mariana wrote:
Hello,
I have 2 adult cousins and one aunt abroad that i would like to sponsor. I have an uncle and a mother that are Canadian citizens. Would we each be able to sponsor one of the family members abroad? My mother has a brother and a niece in canada, and my uncle (the other canadian citizen) is married, has children, and a sister in Canada. What is our best option for helping our 3 family members immigrate to Canada?
Thank you for your time.

1. No, you can't as you have an Uncle/Mother in resident in Canada, the same would apply to them, as they have relatives in Canada.
2. They would have to qualify on their own under express entry.
link