Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I Apply for a Super Visa for Mother & Brother? 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 7/20/2017
ForumUser
ForumUser
Hello,

I have a PR card.

Can I apply for a supervisa for my mother and brother on my own if I am married or does my spouse need to be on the application as well?

I would like to apply for my mother living back home and my 16 year old brother as well. I just want to understand some of the rules and regulations before applying.

Also, on the Supervisa website, it mentions that for 1 applicant the minimum yearly income is around 25k. However, I never worked in Canada as my parents still financially support me from back home. But I have these funds available in my bank account.

Thank you,
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/20/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

ForumUser wrote:
Hello,

I have a PR card.

Can I apply for a supervisa for my mother and brother on my own if I am married or does my spouse need to be on the application as well?

I would like to apply for my mother living back home and my 16 year old brother as well. I just want to understand some of the rules and regulations before applying.

Also, on the Supervisa website, it mentions that for 1 applicant the minimum yearly income is around 25k. However, I never worked in Canada as my parents still financially support me from back home. But I have these funds available in my bank account.

Thank you,

1, You spouse has to co-sign, and you and your spouse's income must meet the Low Income cutoff, you need income from Canadian sources, savings aren't sufficient.
2. Your brother can't be included in the super visa, only your mother and her spouse.
link