Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Exclusion Order and Authorization to Return (ARC) 

Posts: 1

Posted On: 8/27/2017
Posts: 1
In 2012 I came to Canada for the first time as a ,,foreign worker,,

In 2013 I married a Canadian Citizen ... from that day my life turned
into ,,[email protected]#l,,

My ,,ex-husband,, was aggressive, controlling, jealous and abusive
(both: mentally and physically)
He threatened to kill me several times. I was never that afraid in my
life. I had to run away with no one to help.
He left me without any support (either: financial and physical).
I had no money, a place to go, friends or any family in Canada.

I noticed him about the divorce and still remember his answer like it
was yesterday: he said:
* you'll not find anything better
* you'll regret it

I was forced to survive somehow in order to collect money needed for
the ticket back home. I was forced to work at the Club. I was very
afraid for my life and my future!!!

My ,,ex-husband,, ruined me and my life!!!

I received an ,,exlusion order,, (1 year period) and followed with all

Unfortunately, I finally had to leave the Country (16' October 2016)

10' September 2017 I applied for Study Permit made outside Canada
along with an Authorization to return to Canada (ARC)

I received an Acceptance Letter and have been admitted to the College.

The School starts 5'th September 2017 ... where my ,,exlusion order,,
punishement ends 16' October 2017.

I meet all requirements in order to be eligible to Study and paid the
fee ($850CAD / non - refundable)

23' August 2017 I received a ,,final decision,, made by Immigration
that my application was ,,refused,,

The reason for the application being denied is:
* failure to satisfy the immigration officer that the applicant
intends to leave Canada at the end of period of study

That's just so wrong ... on so many levels!!!! I believe that the
decision is unfair!!!

What can I do in this situation?
Posts: 3252

Posted On: 8/29/2017
Posts: 3252

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced this and we can appreciate that you would be very concerned about this situation.

It is best that you contact a lawyer or a reputable, regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) for some information specific to your situation and related to what your options are.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Settlement.Org Content and Information/Referral Specialist, CIRS