Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

Renewal of Security Guard License 

Posts: 2

Posted On: 10/27/2017
Hello to all .

I have a security guard license that is expired now .

I want to renew it abd service ontario asking for 2 proof of identification 1 from list 1 and 1 from list 2 .

I have valid document from list 1 but from list 2 they as asking either PR card with the signature on it ( signatured PR cards are not discontinued since 2012 ) .

I have PR card without signature .

The other document that can fulfill the requirement is CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCY document .

I have that document but I have the photocopy of that document . Will they accept the photocopy of this document becoz I have lost the original one .
This is the client copy of the COMFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE document that I have .

I wanna apply for renewal of my security guard license online and need to scan the document.

Sugess me will they accept mu confirmation of permanent residency document even though it is photocopy ?
Posts: 2718

Posted On: 11/7/2017
Posts: 2718

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We can appreciate that you would be interested in finding out some information regarding your renewal of your licence.

Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to provide a definitive response regarding which documents are acceptable in this case.

It is best that you contact ServiceOntario again for details and confirmation regarding what your options are in this situation and how to proceed.

You may also want to review the Online guide to applying for a: Security guard and/or private investigator licence again to confirm what they require.

Here is an excerpt,

clear scanned copies of the front and back of the two (2) different valid (non-expired) identification documents (IDs) that prove your identity (name, photo, signature, date of birth) and eligibility to work in Canada. For more details read page 6 of these instructions

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Settlement.Org Content and Information/Referral Specialist, CIRS