Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

COPR Lists Vancouver - Want to go to Toronto 

samibhattarai
samibhattarai

Posted On: 11/28/2017
samibhattarai
samibhattarai
My COPR just arrived and I am planing to fly in march 2018, I applied under the express entry federal skills workers program and my visa type is IM-

1 . The COPR says destination Vancouver but I am planning to go to Toronto first to friends and families and later decide on work basis.
My question is do I have to land in Vancouver or can I enter Canada from other port?

And Do I need to go to Vancouver to receive my PR card?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 11/28/2017
PMM
PMM
HI

samibhattarai wrote:
My COPR just arrived and I am planing to fly in march 2018, I applied under the express entry federal skills workers program and my visa type is IM-

1 . The COPR says destination Vancouver but I am planning to go to Toronto first to friends and families and later decide on work basis.
My question is do I have to land in Vancouver or can I enter Canada from other port?

And Do I need to go to Vancouver to receive my PR card?

1. You can "land" anywhere in Canada you wish (Quebec would want to see onward transportation)
2. No, you don't have to go to Vancouver for your PR card (unless your applied under BC's PNP program) an address in Ontario is fine.
link