Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card not arrived after 110 days. Due to travel. 

Kanefinnegan
Kanefinnegan

Posted On: 12/1/2017
Kanefinnegan
Kanefinnegan
Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice or can share a similar experience…
I arrived in Canada with PR status on 24th July 2017 and am yet to receive my PR card. I believe I have exhausted all avenues or trying to find out my info about application, I have:
Called the IRCC helpline over 100 times without being able to speak to an agent
  • Emailed the IRCC through the suggested web form without receiving anything other than automated responses 12 working days ago.
  • Sent a solemn declaration to the office in Nova Scotia, declaring a card was never received around 1 month ago.
  • Called the British consulate (I am British), who were unable to help
  • Spoken to the VAC office in London about processing a temporary travel document whilst I am in the UK. As I will only be back in UK for a few days and they need my original passport I will not be able to get it processed in time over the holiday period.
For clarification, I have not changed address since moving to Canada. I will be traveling from 21st Dec 2017 to 1st Jan 2018.
At this point I believe my only option is to travel without my PR card and present my confirmation of PR document along with evidence if being a PR of Canada (work contract, driving license, health card and tenancy agreement).
Does anyone have any advice as to:
- How likely it is that I get through immigration without my PR card?
- Anything else I can do to find out the status of my PR card?
Thanks,
Kane
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/1/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

Kanefinnegan wrote:
Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice or can share a similar experience…
I arrived in Canada with PR status on 24th July 2017 and am yet to receive my PR card. I believe I have exhausted all avenues or trying to find out my info about application, I have:
Called the IRCC helpline over 100 times without being able to speak to an agent
  • Emailed the IRCC through the suggested web form without receiving anything other than automated responses 12 working days ago.
  • Sent a solemn declaration to the office in Nova Scotia, declaring a card was never received around 1 month ago.
  • Called the British consulate (I am British), who were unable to help
  • Spoken to the VAC office in London about processing a temporary travel document whilst I am in the UK. As I will only be back in UK for a few days and they need my original passport I will not be able to get it processed in time over the holiday period.
For clarification, I have not changed address since moving to Canada. I will be traveling from 21st Dec 2017 to 1st Jan 2018.
At this point I believe my only option is to travel without my PR card and present my confirmation of PR document along with evidence if being a PR of Canada (work contract, driving license, health card and tenancy agreement).
Does anyone have any advice as to:
- How likely it is that I get through immigration without my PR card?
- Anything else I can do to find out the status of my PR card?
Thanks,
Kane

1/ You can only keep calling the call centre.
2. If you try to return to Canada by air, without a PR card or PR Travel Document you will be refused boarding by the airline. Those are the only 2 acceptable documents for PRs.
3. One other choice is to fly to a US border airport and cross in a non commercial carrier, and you will be admitted with your Passport and COPR.
link