Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Problem with My WES Evaluation Report 

sonali3004
sonali3004

Posted On: 2/18/2021
sonali3004
sonali3004
hi
I am facing an issue with my WES evaluation report.
My highest qualification is master of dental surgery (MDS).
I have sent both my BDS and MDS transcripts from universities respectively to WES.
My BDS university has done online submission of my transcript but MDS university has sent it through the post which is still with customs in Canada.

so WES has generated my report only for BDS and status shows - completed.
I am trying to call the WES help center but no response.
What should I do now?
Please advise.

Thanks and regards
link
HEA
HEA

Posted On: 2/25/2021
HEA
HEA
Hi,
Since March 12, 2020, I have opened a file with WES for the evaluation of my DSCG diplomas obtained from France since 2018. After obtaining the documents and after analyzes my status is always this: We are awaiting your document . I then wrote to my university which confided to me that the requested document had been sent for more than three (3) months. Unfortunately, all attempts to obtain confirmation of the document by WES were unsuccessful. I left them a message using the form that appears on my page of my file, but still without action about a month ago. I don't know what to do anymore. In a few days it would be one (1) year since I submitted my file.
What to do ? Please help me.
link
mark.richard05@gmail.com
[email protected]

Posted On: 5/6/2021
Dear Moderator,
I have completed a 2-year full time degree course in MBA from an AICTE and UGC approved institute and my course is also accredited by NAAC.
But WES has awarded my MBA degree a four year's bachelor’s degree equivalency /3 year bachelors+ 1yr diploma equivalency in the Canadian ECA assessment report simply because my consolidated mark sheet and degree certificate does not mention that the course is AICTE/UGC approved.

My institute does not follow the practice of mentioning the approvals on the mark sheet or degree certificate. My institute is a well-established Deemed to be University which falls in the purview of AICTE , UGC and NAAC based on the status awarding parameters laid down by the regulating body viz. the Ministry of Education.

This is unbecoming of WES Canada. I have requested for more clarity on this aspect and would like to know as to why my master’s degree credential has been downgraded to a bachelor's level equivalency?

Also if there is any way to obtain a letter from my institute ascertaining its Master's level equivalency as per AICTE and UGC norms?

Unfortunately WES Canada hasn't addressed my concern yet. It has crossed 3 weeks now.

Request your kind support and intervention in this matter.

Regards
Mark Richard.
link
Yana
Yana

Posted On: 7/13/2021
Yana
Yana
My original diploma is taken hostage at WES.
They haven't returned it, they've just sent me their evaluation report after 3 months of waiting and that's all and marked my status fully completed.
And now I am stuck: I can't apply for new job outside my current position, nor in Canada nor in anywhere else. I don't have my diploma!
It is my diploma with honour in computer science and mathematics which was with me since 2007 and now their irresponsible staff just decided that I don't need it.
Their service is horrible, you can't get them at all, they do not answer by phone, they do not answer by "contact us", they do not answer in facebook.
BEWARE of this company! Search other complaints in web, there are tons of it, I wish I read them before sending anything to them, was just hoping that it is respectful company of developed country. Ha-ha.
link

Posted On: 7/31/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Jud
Jud

Posted On: 8/8/2021
Jud
Jud
Hi Moderator,
I am seriously angry with WES for wrongly evaluating my ACCA Diploma in 2019 as college level certificate (one semester). I just realized that every other person that has evaluated this same ACCA Diploma got the equivalent of college level certificate (one year). This singular error of WES has cost me from being in Canada since 2019. I feel I should take legal action against WES. My BSc and ACCA Diploma should have fetched me 2 degrees Canadian equivalent summary, but WES gave me just BSc equivalent summary. I am pained beyond imagination
link

Posted On: 8/31/2021
Hello There,

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

While you may find helpful information on the WES internal complaints process above in this thread, you also have other options like making a consumer complaint. You can find more information on this process in the Settlement.Org article, How do I make a consumer complaint?

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
liamadamtreacy
liamadamtreacy

Posted On: 9/16/2021
liamadamtreacy
liamadamtreacy
Hi,

I received an accreditation from WES in December of last year.

The education in question occurred in the UK and was conducted over a two year period at a college in support gaining A Level qualifications. The subjects studied were English Literature and Media.

For some reason I received 'Secondary school diploma from a university-preparatory program with undergraduate credit' but I feel I should have received 'Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute'.

I'd like to challenge this report and seek a reconsideration.

Many Thanks
Liam Treacy
link

Posted On: 9/30/2021
Hello There,

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
dee122
dee122

Posted On: 9/13/2022
dee122
dee122
Hello Moderator,

Please advise,

I have a 4 bachelor degree from an institution in Cyprus ( American College).
I applied for WES evaluation and got “Bachelor’s degree from a non-recognized institution”.
I had used the same degree to apply for Msc in a Canadian university the past and got admission ( did not proceed with the msc )
Please which other evaluation service do I use so I don’t waste money again like I did with WES.

link

Posted On: 9/29/2022
dee122 wrote:
Hello Moderator,

Please advise,

I have a 4 bachelor degree from an institution in Cyprus ( American College).
I applied for WES evaluation and got “Bachelor’s degree from a non-recognized institution”.
I had used the same degree to apply for Msc in a Canadian university the past and got admission ( did not proceed with the msc )
Please which other evaluation service do I use so I don’t waste money again like I did with WES.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your situation.

It sounds like you may be interested in these Settlement.Org articles on Credential Evaluation, that may offer more insight on getting your credentials assessed and referrals for other institutions providing the same service.

I hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions. We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
rahil
rahil

Posted On: 2/9/2023
rahil
rahil
Hello from Pakistan,
Please guide me here. I got MBA of 1.5 years from Pakistan (with 30 credit hours) after a bachelor of 4 years (147 credit hours) and WES has evaluated my MBA degree as Bachelors 3 years.
I am unable to swallow this as my two class fellows had got their equivalency a bit differently. One of those two got his bachelors degree evaluated (when we were classmates) and got Canadian Equivalency of Bachelors 4 years. Second had his MBA of 1 year in UK and got Masters on his evaluation.
I've contacted WES and they have not considered this case to be reviewed.

Please advise what to do.
link

Posted On: 2/28/2023
Hello There,

We highly suggest that you follow the WES internal complaints process above in this thread, you also have other options like making a consumer complaint. You can find more information on this process in the Settlement.Org article, How do I make a consumer complaint?

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link