Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PRTD- Am I eligible? 

ruldamaan
ruldamaan

Posted On: 12/23/2017
ruldamaan
ruldamaan
Hello,

I became Permanent Resident on 01-Nov-2017 and stayed in Canada for 14 days and came back to India on 14th Nov due to my employment in India. My PR card is still in progress in Canada. I am now looking to apply for PRTD in Feb 2018 so that I can fly back to Canada by end of March 2018. Please tell me Am I eligible to apply for PRTD? What is the processing time for PRTD? And what is its validity.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
link
suren1184
suren1184

Posted On: 12/24/2017
suren1184
suren1184
Hi,

How did you come back without getting PR card in your hand? Did Canada immigration allowed you to fly out of Canada airport and no questions were raised ???

Plz clarify above. Is it possible to return without PR card in hand?

Also, to answer your question, the best way is to have someone couriered or delivered the PR card to you in India once they collect the same on your behalf in Canada. Hence, receiving PR card in hand from them in India, you can then fly back to Canada easily.

Regards,
Suren

ruldamaan wrote:
Hello,

I became Permanent Resident on 01-Nov-2017 and stayed in Canada for 14 days and came back to India on 14th Nov due to my employment in India. My PR card is still in progress in Canada. I am now looking to apply for PRTD in Feb 2018 so that I can fly back to Canada by end of March 2018. Please tell me Am I eligible to apply for PRTD? What is the processing time for PRTD? And what is its validity.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
link
ruldamaan
ruldamaan

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
suren1184 wrote:
Hi,

How did you come back without getting PR card in your hand? Did Canada immigration allowed you to fly out of Canada airport and no questions were raised ???

Plz clarify above. Is it possible to return without PR card in hand?

Also, to answer your question, the best way is to have someone couriered or delivered the PR card to you in India once they collect the same on your behalf in Canada. Hence, receiving PR card in hand from them in India, you can then fly back to Canada easily.

Regards,
Suren

There are no restrictions to leave Canada without PR card. One can leave Canada legally even without PR card. But to re enter Canada, person should have either PRTD or PR Card. I know mailing PR card from Canada to abroad is an option but there is always a risk involved with it that Custom may seize it. I can not take any chance with that so I am looking for PRTD option.
link
ruldamaan
ruldamaan

ruldamaan
ruldamaan
There are no restrictions to leave Canada without PR card. One can leave Canada legally even without PR card. But to re enter Canada, person should have either PRTD or PR Card. I know mailing PR card from Canada to abroad is an option but there is always a risk involved with it that Custom may seize it. I can not take any chance with that so I am looking for PRTD option
link
perkoi28
perkoi28

Posted On: 1/4/2018
perkoi28
perkoi28
Hello, I just got back here in Canada 6 months ago. but my PR card expired and i need to be here for another year and a half so i can renew my PR card since i did not meet the obligations. but i left the Philippines with a pregnant common law, on December 29th my baby boy was born and i really need to see him and help my partner settle properly and i need to sign for the baby's national registry so that i can bring them here. is there any way i can get a temporary PR document even just for a month validation so i can see them and do all this stuff for them. This is really giving me depression. I need to bring them here so I know they are safe.

pls let me know thanks
link