Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Leaving Canada without PR Card 

suren1184
suren1184

Posted On: 12/24/2017
suren1184
suren1184
Need your esteemed advice on the below points URGENTLY.

1) Need to know the exact timeline of getting PR card in hand in our mailing address in Canada after landing in Canada and providing all necessary info at the airport.

2) Once I land in Canada, can I return to India within 2-3 weeks without getting PR card and while my wife who receives PR card on my behalf in our mailing address can then at later point come to India and give it to me so that I can re-enter Canada. Is this possible ? In the sense, can I fly out of Canada without PR card and enter it again once I have it with me. Will there be any issue at the immigration at Canada airport when I fly out without PR card ???

Please answer. This is very very urgent. Thanks a lot.
link
ruldamaan
ruldamaan

Posted On: 12/24/2017
ruldamaan
ruldamaan
suren1184 wrote:

1) Need to know the exact timeline of getting PR card in hand in our mailing address in Canada after landing in Canada and providing all necessary info at the airport.

2) Once I land in Canada, can I return to India within 2-3 weeks without getting PR card and while my wife who receives PR card on my behalf in our mailing address can then at later point come to India and give it to me so that I can re-enter Canada. Is this possible ? In the sense, can I fly out of Canada without PR card and enter it again once I have it with me. Will there be any issue at the immigration at Canada airport when I fly out without PR card ???

Ans: 1. Currently it is taking approx 45-50 days (after your landing date) for CIC to pick your application for PR Card.
2. Yes you can leave Canada without your PR card in hand. And yes your wife can collect your card and bring it with her to India. There will be no issue and no question would be asked if you fly without card. But to enter Canada again you must have your PR card or PRTD.
link
srinivas
srinivas

Posted On: 1/23/2018
srinivas
srinivas
I am also in a similar situation.

I got immigrant stamping on my visa and it is a one time stamping. I cannot migrate to Canada Immediately but would like to apply for PR card. I understand from the previous reply that it is possible to return to my home country. But I have seen some posts mentioning the the PR card is RFID enabled and can be detected by customs if someone is carrying it, or is being couriered. Will there be a possibility of customs officers seizing the PR card if detected. Would be great if someone could answer this question.

Thanks in advance.

ruldamaan wrote:
suren1184 wrote:

Ans: 1. Currently it is taking approx 45-50 days (after your landing date) for CIC to pick your application for PR Card.
2. Yes you can leave Canada without your PR card in hand. And yes your wife can collect your card and bring it with her to India. There will be no issue and no question would be asked if you fly without card. But to enter Canada again you must have your PR card or PRTD.
link
djs_devoo
djs_devoo

Posted On: 2/18/2018
djs_devoo
djs_devoo
Hi,

I have a similar situation but Im under CEC category from with in Canada. I have got passport requests(whole family 3 members) and i have just sent them. But im leaving Canada on 30March 2018 to India as per my Indian employer( I want to come back later to Canada,dont want to resign the Indian Job immediately)

If we get passports back within 2-3 weeks and do the landing here at Canada border and go to to India on 30 March without PR card, (mostly im hoping it would)
Query 1:
Can i request CIC to change my mailing address to other address in canada( my Friend's) and So that my friend can send them to India and we can reenter whenever we want to . Is it possible , Can i request to CIC to change mailing address referring to UCI numbers associated to PR application?

Query 2:
Can I request CIC to send to my Indian address explaining that im going back to India due to family matters before taking PR card. Will they accept my request ?

(Reason is , it would be expensive travel just land again with the family back to get the PR card)
Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/18/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

djs_devoo wrote:
Hi,

I have a similar situation but Im under CEC category from with in Canada. I have got passport requests(whole family 3 members) and i have just sent them. But im leaving Canada on 30March 2018 to India as per my Indian employer( I want to come back later to Canada,dont want to resign the Indian Job immediately)

If we get passports back within 2-3 weeks and do the landing here at Canada border and go to to India on 30 March without PR card, (mostly im hoping it would)
Query 1:
Can i request CIC to change my mailing address to other address in canada( my Friend's) and So that my friend can send them to India and we can reenter whenever we want to . Is it possible , Can i request to CIC to change mailing address referring to UCI numbers associated to PR application?

Query 2:
Can I request CIC to send to my Indian address explaining that im going back to India due to family matters before taking PR card. Will they accept my request ?

(Reason is , it would be expensive travel just land again with the family back to get the PR card)
Thanks

1. Yes, when you "land" you can change the mailing address to another one in Canada for your PR card.
2. No, IRCC will not send PR card outside Canada.
3. If you don't have your PR card before you return to Canada, you can get a PR Travel Document in India
link