Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I sponsor my brother to Canada? 

ravkumar
ravkumar

Posted On: 12/26/2017
ravkumar
ravkumar
Hello,

I believe this question was probably asked before however, I am reposting as I did not get a clear answer (or received a mixed answer).

I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my brother to Canada. I looked up at various resources and got yes/no/mixed responses so far and have not got a clear or precise answer to my question yet. I checked CIC website and the information seems rather confusing. Following are my circumstances:

1. I am single and never married.
2. My parents are alive and they do not live in Canada.
3. I only want to sponsor my brother to Canada.
4. I AM THE ONLY ONE IN CANADA. I do not have any family members (blood relation) in Canada.
5. My brother is 28 years old.

I am aware there are another options such as Express entry or Skilled workers but I believe he might have better chances to immigrate to Canada if I sponsor him rather than him applying independently.

Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/27/2017
PMM
PMM
Hi

ravkumar wrote:
Hello,

I believe this question was probably asked before however, I am reposting as I did not get a clear answer (or received a mixed answer).

I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my brother to Canada. I looked up at various resources and got yes/no/mixed responses so far and have not got a clear or precise answer to my question yet. I checked CIC website and the information seems rather confusing. Following are my circumstances:

1. I am single and never married.
2. My parents are alive and they do not live in Canada.
3. I only want to sponsor my brother to Canada.
4. I AM THE ONLY ONE IN CANADA. I do not have any family members (blood relation) in Canada.
5. My brother is 28 years old.

I am aware there are another options such as Express entry or Skilled workers but I believe he might have better chances to immigrate to Canada if I sponsor him rather than him applying independently.

Thank you.

1. No, you can't sponsor your brother as your parents are alive. Whether they wish to come to Canada or not is immaterial.
link