Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Not met Residency Requirements -PRTD? 

perkoi28
perkoi28

Posted On: 1/4/2018
perkoi28
perkoi28
I just got back here in Canada 6 months ago. but my PR card expired and i need to be here for another year and a half so i can renew my PR card since i did not meet the obligations. but i left the Philippines with a pregnant common law, on December 29th my baby boy was born

and i really need to see him and help my partner settle properly and i need to sign for the baby's national registry so that i can bring them here.

is there any way i can get a temporary PR document even just for a month validation so i can see them and do all this stuff for them.

This is really giving me depression.

I need to bring them here so I know they are safe.

pls let me know thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/5/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

perkoi28 wrote:
I just got back here in Canada 6 months ago. but my PR card expired and i need to be here for another year and a half so i can renew my PR card since i did not meet the obligations. but i left the Philippines with a pregnant common law, on December 29th my baby boy was born

and i really need to see him and help my partner settle properly and i need to sign for the baby's national registry so that i can bring them here.

is there any way i can get a temporary PR document even just for a month validation so i can see them and do all this stuff for them.

This is really giving me depression.

I need to bring them here so I know they are safe.

pls let me know thanks

1. Unlikely that you will get a PRTD if you return to the Philippines as you don't meet the RO. If you apply, you must likely will be refused, and given appeal rights. The only way you could return without obtaining a PRTD is if you have a US visa, and you fly directly to the US and appear at the Canadian border with your COPR. It is still likely that you would be reported for not meeting your RO.
2. Note that if you haven't met your RO and won't for 18 months, you can't sponsor your c/l spouse until you are in compliance.
link