Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Residency Obligations & PR Card Renewal 

syedm_faisal79
syedm_faisal79

Posted On: 8 days ago
syedm_faisal79
syedm_faisal79
Dear Sir/Madam

Good Day..
I have a question and just want to clarify something related to some earlier post.

It was mentioned in one of the post that "once we enter Canada the officer may calculate 5 years back from the date you have entered or reentered Canada"

1. My question: If I re-enter in the Canada after 3 years from my first landing and still 2 years remaining, how in this case he will see 5 years history as these are just 3 years.

2. First time i entered Canada on March 19, 2015, and left on April 10, 2015. I want to re-enter in Canada in Feb 2018 to drop my family. Will officer will ask me any question about my stay outside Canada, that why I was outside for so long?? Secondly If I leave in 10days after dropping my family and re enter again after 6 months will they allow me to enter Canada since i will be short to complete 730days.
3. Can i enter Canada on the last day of my PR card expiry, then stay 2 years and again apply for PR Card renewal.?
4. If my PR card expires while staying in Canada, will i be legally allowed to stay and continue till i complete the remaining days of residency obligation for PR renewal (Note; i already have a SIN number.)

Thanks..

Syed
link