Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Living in Canada With Expired PR Card for 2 Years 

nticku
nticku

Posted On: 23 days ago
nticku
nticku
Hi
My parent’s came to canada 3 weeks before their pr card expired in nov 2017. They do not meet the residency requirements currently as they have only stayed in canada 3-4 months in the last 5 years. They qre planning to stay here for 2 years continously and apply for pr renewal in nov 2019.

I understand you don’t loose pr status by expired pr card but can they be issued a removal order and if they are,can they still apply for visitor’s visa to come back.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
link
Arshad
Arshad

Posted On: 23 days ago
Arshad
Arshad
Hi Nticku
I am going through the same situation. Please tell them to update there complete contact details, phone number, address, email with CIC or/ and Canada border security and keep an eye on any letters from CIC. Most probably they will issue a removal order and your parents should file an appeal within 30 days to prove their ties with Canada and explaining the reason for not completing the obligatory residency requirement.
Might have to hire a lawyer.

Regards

Arshad
link