Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Want To Sponsor My Sister 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 1/30/2018
ForumUser
ForumUser
I am a Canadian permanent residence looking to sponsor my my sister.

I am separated and we have kids together my kids were all born here and our citizens and they're all under the age of 7

my question is can I sponsor my sister and her family use in the other relatives even if I have kids that are citizens?

I'm just a little bit confused from what I saw on the cic websites that says you can sponsor other relatives as long as you don't have any blood relative under the age of 18 that you could sponsor or any kids that are citizens

thank you.

Look forward to hearing from you
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/31/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

ForumUser wrote:
I am a Canadian permanent residence looking to sponsor my my sister.

I am separated and we have kids together my kids were all born here and our citizens and they're all under the age of 7

my question is can I sponsor my sister and her family use in the other relatives even if I have kids that are citizens?

I'm just a little bit confused from what I saw on the cic websites that says you can sponsor other relatives as long as you don't have any blood relative under the age of 18 that you could sponsor or any kids that are citizens

thank you.

Look forward to hearing from you

1. No, as you have children already residing in Canada.

Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:
  • you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen