Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Returning to Canada As A PR After 3 Years 

syedm_faisal79
syedm_faisal79

Posted On: 2/12/2018
syedm_faisal79
syedm_faisal79
Dear
I became permanent resident on March 2015 and stayed for 20 days then left. I will be returning to Canada after 3 years.
Question 1 : What questions i might be asked at the immigration as i am away for 3 years.
Question 2: What is the immigration process, as now i will be returning as a Permanent resident.Will it be same i came on the first time or different.
Question 3 : If i enter in Canada and return back in 20 days will they allow me to enter as my PR card is still valid upto 2020

Thanks in advance...
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/12/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

syedm_faisal79 wrote:
Dear
I became permanent resident on March 2015 and stayed for 20 days then left. I will be returning to Canada after 3 years.
Question 1 : What questions i might be asked at the immigration as i am away for 3 years.
Question 2: What is the immigration process, as now i will be returning as a Permanent resident.Will it be same i came on the first time or different.
Question 3 : If i enter in Canada and return back in 20 days will they allow me to enter as my PR card is still valid upto 2020

Thanks in advance...

1. The validity of your PR card has no bearing on your status as PR, you have to meet the residency requirement of 2 years residence in every 5 year period. If you left Canada in April/2015 you have to return to Canada before April/2018 and remain in Canada for 2 years. If you don't remain, on your next entry, you could be reported for failure to meet your residency obligations.
link