Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Language requirement for Citizenship application 

punya
punya

Posted On: 2/12/2018
punya
punya
Hi There,
I knew that ,for applying citizenship every body ( 18-54) CLB 4 or higher is a requirement. I have a CLB score 6 for Listening and CLB score 5 for Speaking on 7th March 2015. But in my copy there is a comment that, " This assessment is for PLACEMENT ONLY in a language training program." This is a assessment report. Should I use this for Citizenship Application process!

Thanks and regards,
Punya
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/12/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

punya wrote:
Hi There,
I knew that ,for applying citizenship every body ( 18-54) CLB 4 or higher is a requirement. I have a CLB score 6 for Listening and CLB score 5 for Speaking on 7th March 2015. But in my copy there is a comment that, " This assessment is for PLACEMENT ONLY in a language training program." This is a assessment report. Should I use this for Citizenship Application process!

Thanks and regards,
Punya

1. No, it is not sufficient evidence for the language requirement. You have to take the actual IELTs or CELPIP test or prove that your post secondary education was in an English medium.

"If you are 18 to 54 years old: Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
  • results of a third-party language test;
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
  • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs."
link