Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Complete Steps To PR Application 

KelvinN
KelvinN

Posted On: 3/12/2018
KelvinN
KelvinN
I am getting a bit flustered with the overload of information I am finding online on the government site.

I am Canadian and my wife is Thai. She just arrived from Thailand and we are planning on getting her Permanent Residency Card and a Work Permit. I am also working full time.

I would like to sponsor my wife and get both the PR application and the Work Permit Application for her.

My question is what are the EXACT steps that need to be taken initially to get the application going?

Does she need to apply to become an Immigrant first?

Can we apply totally online? Should we go see someone at the immigration office in the Vancouver area?

Any and all information regarding the process would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
link

Posted On: 3/12/2018
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum to share your question.

In regards to sponsoring a spouse, you may find useful information in our articles:

How do I sponsor a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child from inside Canada?

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/sponsorship/inside-canada/how-do-i-sponsor-a-spouse-common-law-partner-or-dependent-child-from-inside-canada/

How do I sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent child living outside of Canada?

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/sponsorship/outside-canada/how-do-i-sponsor-a-spouse-common-law-or-conjugal-partner-or-dependent-child-living-outside-of-canada/

We hope that this information will be helpful.

Thank you

Settlement.Org
link
Vishnu
Vishnu

Posted On: 4/8/2018
Vishnu
Vishnu
Hi ,
I am from India and I am planning to come to Canada and get settled with my wife.

1. How to apply for PR . Do I need any address to be there or does it have any rule that we must have been to Canada atlease once.

2. Can we both (me and my wife) both can come on the same time or ? Only me

3 . What r they documents and eligible requirement for apply PR

4. After apply PR can I come to Canada and search for Job

5 how much does it cost for apply PR for me and wife.

6 how long does this process take.

7 I have to apply for PR from India so I don't have any address or contact details in Canada so what can I do

8 I don't know any one there so how can I get help if I am getting PR
link