Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Residency Obligation while in the U.S 

canadiantobe
canadiantobe

Posted On: 5/16/2018
canadiantobe
canadiantobe
Hello,

I Would appreciate any input regarding my inquiry, it is a little out of the norm, so any help is appreciated.

Im Currently a PR card holder, i was wondering if i was to work in the United stated, specifically Michigan on a J1 scholar visa (research assistant), while residing in Windsor and commuting daily, meaning i will sleep in Windsor and return to it daily.

Will those days count towards my 1095 days of physical presence in order to quality for Citizenship Grant ?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 5/16/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

canadiantobe wrote:
Hello,

I Would appreciate any input regarding my inquiry, it is a little out of the norm, so any help is appreciated.

Im Currently a PR card holder, i was wondering if i was to work in the United stated, specifically Michigan on a J1 scholar visa (research assistant), while residing in Windsor and commuting daily, meaning i will sleep in Windsor and return to it daily.

Will those days count towards my 1095 days of physical presence in order to quality for Citizenship Grant ?

1. Yes they would count as 1 day for every night you "sleep" in Canada, your work would be considered "day trips" to the US, you will have to keep track of them though.
link