Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Date of Expiry and Travel 

LaceKH
LaceKH

Posted On: 7/23/2018
LaceKH
LaceKH
I’m traveling to Toronto from the US after a month long visit with family.

There was a mistake with my return ticket date which wasn’t caught until too late, now my son and I (along with my Canadian son) are returning on the date of expiry for our PR cards.

We have submitted our applications for renewal but the processing times have climbed from 70 days to now 102. That being said, we couldn’t pick up our new card before leaving on our vacation, they won’t be ready for another month.
Question is, will we be allowed entry on the date of expiry?

Is the card valid on this day but not after?

It feels very technical.

I can show proof of submission for the renewals and I have maintained all residency requirements.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/25/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

LaceKH wrote:
I’m traveling to Toronto from the US after a month long visit with family.

There was a mistake with my return ticket date which wasn’t caught until too late, now my son and I (along with my Canadian son) are returning on the date of expiry for our PR cards.

We have submitted our applications for renewal but the processing times have climbed from 70 days to now 102. That being said, we couldn’t pick up our new card before leaving on our vacation, they won’t be ready for another month.
Question is, will we be allowed entry on the date of expiry?

Is the card valid on this day but not after?

It feels very technical.

I can show proof of submission for the renewals and I have maintained all residency requirements.

1. As long as the card is valid on the day you fly, the airline will board you. (It is not whether you will be admitted to Canada, that probably isn't a big deal, but the card has to be valid to board the flight to Canada or the Airline won't board you.)

2. The day the card expires, is the end of it's validity.
link