Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I Sponsor my Sister-In-Law? 

Abh13
Abh13

Posted On: 12/20/2018
Abh13
Abh13
Hello there..

I am a permanent resident in canada.i am here since almost 5 years.my husband is since 12 yrs.we have a daughter who is almost 2 years.in 2011 I lost my only brother in car accident and he was married and had to minor kids.1 is 9 and 2nd one is 6.my sis in law live with my parents back home.as my parents are retired so I have all the responsibility for them and specially my nephews and my sis in law.plz is there any way I can bring my sis in law and my nephews
Here.i will take all responsibilities for them
As me and my husband both work.i have a job and my husband is self employed..
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/21/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

Abh13 wrote:
Hello there..

I am a permanent resident in canada.i am here since almost 5 years.my husband is since 12 yrs.we have a daughter who is almost 2 years.in 2011 I lost my only brother in car accident and he was married and had to minor kids.1 is 9 and 2nd one is 6.my sis in law live with my parents back home.as my parents are retired so I have all the responsibility for them and specially my nephews and my sis in law.plz is there any way I can bring my sis in law and my nephews
Here.i will take all responsibilities for them

As me and my husband both work.i have a job and my husband is self employed..

1. Basically No. You can't sponsor your sister as you have relatives in Canada (i.e. husband & children)
2. Your sister would have to qualify on her own under either Express Entry or one of the Provincial Nominations Programs.
link
Abh13
Abh13

Posted On: 12/23/2018
Abh13
Abh13
Can u tell me plz what is a provincial nominations Programs..and it’s my sisters-in-law my brothers widow
link