Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Maintaining PR Status in Canada 

ssra1010
ssra1010

Posted On: 1/3/2019
ssra1010
ssra1010
Dear Sir,
I am currently a PR of Canada I have received the PR Status on January 2017.

My child was born in Canada in July 2018 so the child is a citizen by birth.

As my mother is currently not doing well back in her home country and there is no one to look after her I travel back and forth to Canada and my child travels with me as well. As per CIC Website in order to maintain PR I would have to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years period.
My question is as my child is a Canadian citizen who stays with me outside Canada, are my days outside Canada considered with in that 2 years in order to maintain the PR.

Thanks
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/3/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

ssra1010 wrote:
Dear Sir,
I am currently a PR of Canada I have received the PR Status on January 2017.My child was born in Canada in July 2018 so the child is a citizen by birth. As my mother is currently not doing well back in her home country and there is no one to look after her I travel back and forth to Canada and my child travels with me as well. As per CIC Website in order to maintain PR I would have to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years period.
My question is as my child is a Canadian citizen who stays with me outside Canada, are my days outside Canada considered with in that 2 years in order to maintain the PR.

Thanks

1. No, days accompanying a CC child are not counted for meeting your Residency Obligations.
link