HomeWelcome and Rules of Posting

General information on the Discussion area

Make posting instructions easier to find 

sorianoa
sorianoa

Posted On: 7/12/2021
sorianoa
sorianoa
Hi, I recently requested a WES evaluation report (the second report evaluating the same credentials). WES issued the report, but it contained substantial errors. I raised the issue with WES, and 2 weeks later I am still waiting. I called several times, but every time I am told that they are working on fixing their own error. At this point, I have no idea how much longer it may take WES to issue the correct report, and time is of the essence (at this point, because of the delay, the report is essentially worthless to me, but they claim that they completed the report, albeit completely wrong, so they are unlikely to consider a refund). Their customer service is absolutely useless at best, but generally horrible. Is there something that could be done? I am beyond frustrated, I sincerely regret the moment I decided to use WES again.
link

Posted On: 7/31/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern. You may want to follow the steps above in this thread to escalate your concern. We appreciate you sharing your experience with other users.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
cma
cma

Posted On: 10/7/2021
cma
cma
Hi, What documents are needed for the Government Assisted Refugees children to enroll in school? How quickly can they apply for school after landing in Canada?
link
Ramneet
Ramneet

Posted On: 10/23/2021
Ramneet
Ramneet
Hi settlement,

I have a plan to go to india urgently and i got my copr suddenly and pr card still awaited but i have work permit till next year so will they allow me to come to canada on the basis of my work permit after copr?
link
Jhonny
Jhonny

Posted On: 10/26/2021
Jhonny
Jhonny
Hello, I lost my PR card just this year and I was thinking for a replacement card but then I realized that it will also expire in a few months (April 2022). Could I still be able to renew my PR card even though I lost it?
link

Posted On: 10/31/2021
cma wrote:
Hi, What documents are needed for the Government Assisted Refugees children to enroll in school? How quickly can they apply for school after landing in Canada?

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is important to know that all children aged 6-18 can attend school, regardless of their immigration status or the immigration status of their parents. This is outlined in the Education Act, the law that governs public schools in Ontario. You can find some additional information regarding what you'll need to enrol your children in school in the Settlement.Org article, How do I enrol my child in school?

You may also find the resources, The Newcomer's Guide to Elementary School in Ontario helpful.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link

Ramneet wrote:
Hi settlement,

I have a plan to go to india urgently and i got my copr suddenly and pr card still awaited but i have work permit till next year so will they allow me to come to canada on the basis of my work permit after copr?
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. Permanent residents can only use a valid PR Card or PRTD to return to Canada.

According to Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?

The [Permanent Resident] Travel Document can only be used once.
[...]
It is important that you check the expiry date of your PR card before you travel. If you need to renew it, you should apply before you travel. Find more information about renewing a PR card.

To be eligible for a PRTD you must meet a certain set of requirements:
  • prove who you are;
  • confirm your permanent resident status; and
  • meet the residency obligation of a permanent resident.

If you not meet this requirement, you may want to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues for some advice and assistance with this process. You may also wish to contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre directly to see if they have any information they can provide you.

You can contact them at:

1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only)

You can also submit an enquiry through their web form.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link

Jhonny wrote:
Hello, I lost my PR card just this year and I was thinking for a replacement card but then I realized that it will also expire in a few months (April 2022). Could I still be able to renew my PR card even though I lost it?

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. According to the Application guide for renewing or replacing a PR card:
To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:
  • be a permanent resident of Canada;
  • be physically present in Canada;
  • meet the residency requirement (see Appendix A – Residency obligation);
  • not be under an effective removal order;
  • not be a Canadian citizen; and
  • not be convicted of an offense related to the misuse of a PR Card

You must meet the residency requirement to be eligible for a PR Card renewal. To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period. The 5-year period is assessed on a rolling basis. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will look back at your time in Canada over the previous 5 years. You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, What are the residency requirements for permanent residents (PRs)?

For more information on the eligibility criteria to renew your PR card, please review the PR Card Application Instructional Guide. You may also find useful information in Settlement.Org articles about Permanent Residence. For information on how to replace a lost PR card, you may find helpful information in the Help Centre article, What should I do if my PR card has been lost, stolen or destroyed?

If you are outside of Canada or plan to leave Canada and have immigration questions, you may want to contact the IRCC Call Centre or use their web form.

You may also want to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration and employment issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

Settlement.Org Team
link
Nishat
Nishat

Posted On: 11/7/2022
Nishat
Nishat
Hello
I need to enrol my child in an elementary school, can anyone guide me the procedure? I liev in Scarborough, my child came last week here. She is 6 and half yers old.
link
tariq2030
tariq2030

Posted On: 11/18/2022
tariq2030
tariq2030
Dear All folk.
I have two questions.

(1)is Exercise Physiologist TEER 31204 eligible for the self-employed category?
(2) I need your service for My IMM 0008 Schedule 6A Application I need a cover letter, about my intent & ability as an Exercise Physiologist TEER 31204 significant contribution to the athletic life of Canada.
link

Nishat wrote:
Hello
I need to enrol my child in an elementary school, can anyone guide me the procedure? I liev in Scarborough, my child came last week here. She is 6 and half yers old.

Hello There,

You may find some helpful information regarding enrolling children in school here: How do I enrol my child in school?

School administration offices are typically open all year, and the deadlines typically vary between local district school boards. These deadlines are not strict, it is also possible for your children to start school in the middle of the school year or semester should you return to Canada after September.

Ontario has 4 free public schooling systems, and attendance in public school will be determined by home address. Once you determine the school district you will live in, it is best that you call the administration office for information about registration dates.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link

tariq2030 wrote:
Dear All folk.
I have two questions.

(1)is Exercise Physiologist TEER 31204 eligible for the self-employed category?
(2) I need your service for My IMM 0008 Schedule 6A Application I need a cover letter, about my intent & ability as an Exercise Physiologist TEER 31204 significant contribution to the athletic life of Canada.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us. It is best that you contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre directly for information specific to your situation in this case. You may also wish to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

You can contact IRCC at:

1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only)

You can also submit an enquiry through their web form.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here. We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team

link
Jasvinder Kaur Saini
Jasvinder Kaur Saini

Posted On: 12/7/2022
It is more than 2 months now that my WES status was updated as reverification request sent to my university . I am continuously in touch with my university since than but no email from WES for reverification is shared to them. The last email received from WES was regarding receipt of documents sent by my University. I have raised so many queries to WES to at least share the email id on which the email is sent to my university but I am not getting any support from WES on this. I entire process is on hold because my WES evaluation is not available.
I am stuck here from last 2 months now, don't know what to do in this situation.
How will reverification happen when no email is shared to the University.
link

Posted On: 12/8/2022
Jasvinder Kaur Saini wrote:
It is more than 2 months now that my WES status was updated as reverification request sent to my university . I am continuously in touch with my university since than but no email from WES for reverification is shared to them. The last email received from WES was regarding receipt of documents sent by my University. I have raised so many queries to WES to at least share the email id on which the email is sent to my university but I am not getting any support from WES on this. I entire process is on hold because my WES evaluation is not available.
I am stuck here from last 2 months now, don't know what to do in this situation.
How will reverification happen when no email is shared to the University.

Hello There,

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern.

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Nazim1971
Nazim1971

Posted On: 7/23/2023
Nazim1971
Nazim1971
Me and My son status is refugee Climent, Me and my child got social benefit Since July 2023. Ontario works approved Basic needs and shelter; amount $1004. I requested to my case worker for startup money to buy household, such as blanket, bed sheet, mattress, khat, kitchen and other household material.
Myself I paid house rent $ 1400. I am unemployed. My question - is we are eligible to get this money??? If yes what procedure i should follow to avail this facility????? Thanks

Nazim
link