Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Proof of Funds Upon Landing 

Ashy
Ashy

Posted On: 1/18/2019
Ashy
Ashy
Dear Team

I am planning to do my short landing in 2 months time.

I have already read the examples of forms in which POF should be shown while landing.

But please could you guide if International debit card with Bank Statement will be sufficient as POF?

And is Term deposit certificates acceptable as POF on landing?

Please advise.

Thanks
Ashy
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/18/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

Ashy wrote:
Dear Team

I am planning to do my short landing in 2 months time.

I have already read the examples of forms in which POF should be shown while landing.

But please could you guide if International debit card with Bank Statement will be sufficient as POF?

And is Term deposit certificates acceptable as POF on landing?

Please advise.

Thanks

Ashy

1. No, a debit card is not proof of funds.

2. A bank statement (no older than a week or so) and Term deposits would be sufficient.
link
RJ01
RJ01

Posted On: 11/1/2019
RJ01
RJ01
Hi,
Hope you are doing well.
I will be coming to Canada for short landing in January 2020 as a PR. I wanted to know if I can bring forex card as Proof of funds along with copy a bank statement. I am going to US first and then will be coming to Canada, so is it mandatory that the forex card statement be attested by bank. Is it okay if bring the funds in USD or they should be compulsorily denominated in CAD.

Further, a guaranteed/ certified cheque denominated in USD issued by my sister in my favour will work as proof of funds at the time of landing?

Also, I wanted to confirm that the minimum amount for an individual is CAD 12,669 or it should be the exact amount stated in proof of funds at the time of applying for PR.

Thanks.
link