Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Eligibility Date earlier than PR Date 

Rachel
Rachel

Posted On: 2/6/2019
Rachel
Rachel
Hi,

I currently reside in Mississauga and have some questions regarding the Citizenship Application form.

My situation:
I became PR on August 2015. Prior to that I have not been to Canada.
Since became PR, I have only been away from Canada for 1 month. Using the 'Physical Presence Calculator' I am eligible to apply for the citizenship and my eligibility period is February 2014 - February 2019.

The eligibility is covering 1.5 years (Feb 2014 - Aug 2015) before I became PR and during this period I am still living in my home country Malaysia.

Questions related to eligibility period in application form:
Question 10a - Where have you lived during your eligibility period?

Question 11 - Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period, inside and outside Canada.
i) For both questions above, do I need to list the addresses and my employment details when I am living outside of Canada between Feb 2014 - Aug 2015?
ii) Do I need to provide any extra supporting document e.g. police certificate, etc?

2. Physical Presence Calculator (PPC)

Do I need to enter the Feb 2014 - Aug 2015 as absence in PPC, including all my travels between this period?

Thank you so much for reading and replying.

Best Regards
Rachel
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 2/8/2019
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
Hello,
Regarding the questions you asked, you need to provide all activities and addresses for the period of five years immediately before the date of your application, even if part of it you spend it in another country(Your country of origin)
According to the new rules regarding Canadian citizenship application you do not have to provide a police certificate if during the last four (4) years you were residing in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a PR and landing in Canada.
In terms of travels to other countries, you need to provide details about those trips that occurred during the five (5) years eligibility period.
Thank you
Lahbib
link
Rachel
Rachel

Posted On: 2/8/2019
Rachel
Rachel
Thank you very much Lahbib for your feedback.
link